Come on, I know you like my silly unofficial holidays!
Today is National Hugging Day and I know you want to celebrate it!
Let me start- here is a cyber hug from me to you!
National Hugging Day was started in 1986 by Kevin Zaborney in Michigan. It is recognized as a day to encourage hugging amongst friends and family. If you want to hug a stranger, ask first!
NationalHuggingDay.com provides some ideas on how to celebrate today: create a hugging chain, hold a hug-a-thon, break the guiness world record for hugging, or substitute hand shaking for hugging.
They also have some different forms of hugging for you to choose from: Back to Front Hug, Bear Hug, the Cheek Hug, the Side to Side Huge, and the Heart Centered Hug. Visit their website to read about the different hugs!
Fun Facts about HUGS ♡
• It is recommended that EIGHT hugs a day will make you happier
• Hugs can lower the risk of heart disease, can reduce stress, fight fatigue, boost your immune system, fight infections, and ease depression.
• The average person spends an hour a month hugging
• IQ development is delayed in children who do not receive hugs
• A brief hug with a romantic partner is equivalent to 10 minutes of hand holding
• People crave 13 hugs a day- but don’t always receive them
• A hug normally lasts 9.5 seconds
• Hugs teach us how to give and receive
• Hugging relaxes muscles
• Hugs connect you with your heart and your feelings
So, with that being said- hug someone today!
Share the love and the happiness.
Happy National Hugging Day ♡