Buying chocolate covered strawberries from a store or bakery is just as pricey as they’re tasty. Below you will find a foolproof plan on how to make delicious and visually appealing chocolate covered strawberries with a white chocolate dribble.
- One Package of Strawberries
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 2 Tbsp of Shortening
- 8 Ounces of Your Favorite Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
For the White Chocolate Layer:
- 1 Cookies and Cream Hersey Bar
- 3/4 of a Tsp Shortening
Directions on how to make this much thought after dessert:
- Rinse and dry one package of strawberries with the steams attached. (Water Will Cause Chocolate to Bead.)
- Place chocolate in a metal bowl large enough to sit on a sauce pan and create a seal.
- Bowl half a sauce pan full of water until it reaches a rapid boil, turn off the heat.
- Add the metal bowl of chocolate on top of the sauce pan (the steam will melt the chocolate and keep it hot for about 7-10 minutes.)
- Using the stems on the strawberries, twirl them in the semi-sweet chocolate.
- Lastly, dribble melted white chocolate on top as best as your artistic abilities allow.
Recipe for a pint:
- 3 oz Vodka
- 3 oz Tomato juice
- 2 dashes Tabasco Sauce or Sriracha
- 2 tsp Horseradish
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch Celery salt
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Paprika
- Celery salt
- 1 Lemon wedge
- 1 Lime wedge
Garnish: Add a Celery stalk, some Celery Salt on the rim and a lime wedge.
- 3 cups of pineapple juice
- 1 bottle of dry white wine, preferably chardonnay, sauvignon blanc, or pinot grigip.
- 1 cup of brandy (pear brandy or apricot brandy will also work)
- 1 ripe pineapple and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Add mint for garnish.
Kiwi Blueberry Mojito –
made with lime, fresh kiwis, blueberries, mint leaves, sparkling water and rum.
Garnish the glass rims with green or blue sugar. You can also use cookie or baking colored sprinkles.
Breakfast — Toasted French Bread with Butter and Strawberry Jelly
-8 oz. of cold cream cheese
-Package of wonton papers
-1 cup of water
-3 cups of vegetable oil
First, you’re going to dice up the jalapenos (I use a Ninja Food Chopper). Depending on how spicy you want your wontons will determine how much of the jalapeno membrane (the seeds) to add. Of the six jalapenos, I use 3 membranes and throw the rest away. Then you mix your jalapenos and cream cheese together in an automatic mixer or by hand in a bowl.
Once you’ve mixed everything, use a teaspoon to put the mixture on a wonton paper. Fold one corner of the wonton paper into the middle. Then dab your finger into the cup of water and dab the corner. The water will act like glue to hold all of the corners down.
Next, heat up the vegetable oil in a pot. I use roughly 3 cups of vegetable oil. When it is hot enough, place a few wontons in and wait until they have browned. Then pull them out and place onto a paper towel.
After they’ve cooled down, enjoy!
They are perfect for a cocktail party, side dish, or a snack for yourself. You can even search for other mixtures for the inside or sauces to dip them in!
Pineapple Breeze Drink – Perfect for Summer!